The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) is a nonprofit
international association dedicated to the preservation and use of moving
image media. AMIA supports public and professional education and
fosters cooperation and communication among the individuals and
organizations concerned with the acquisition, preservation, description,
exhibition, and use of moving image materials.
- Provide a regular means of exchanging information, ideas, and assistance; foster collaboration. Support education and professional development.
- Organize the Annual AMIA Conference
- Develop/host workshops, screenings, and advanced technical symposia.
- Publish AMIA's semi-annual journal, The Moving Image, Supplier directory and the quarterly AMIA Newsletter.
- Establish and administer scholarship, fellowship, internship and visiting archivist programs.
- Honor the work of archivists and archival organizations.
- Take responsible positions on matters affecting moving image archives.
- Promote professional standards and practices.
- Stimulate and facilitate research on matters affecting moving image archives.
- Manage AMIA-L and AMIA-Member.
- Collaborate with appropriate institutions/organizations to design/promote/implement national moving image preservation policies and plans.
- Encourage public awareness and interest in moving image preservation and use as an important educational, historical and cultural resource.
AMIA is strongly committed to the providing an environment of cooperation and collaboration among its members. These values are central in our Mission, our Code of Ethics, and our Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct reflects AMIA’s commitment to provide an environment in which diverse participants may learn, network and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual human respect – in all spaces, including online, at events, in committee work, or list serves.
AMIA, a collective of individuals, recognizes the diversity of its membership and encourages each individual who acts as a custodian of our moving image heritage to strive towards the following common goals ...