Board Liason: Jayson Wall
Meeting Minutes: November, 2008
Meeting Minutes: October, 2006
Meeting Minutes: December 2, 2005
Meeting Minutes: November 11, 2004
Identifying and Handling Nitrate Film (pdf)
Nitrate Material Safety Data Sheet (DOC)
Presentation on Archive Hazards from the Nitrate 101 Session at the 2005 AMIA Conference (PPT)
Additional Presentation from the Nitrate 101 Session (PPT)
A Reference Guide to Books, Articles, Periodicals, Manuals, Glossaries, Pamphlets and Websites concerning Nitrocellulose Motion Picture Film
- To determine the safest practice for the healthy longevity of nitrate film, as well as for those who work with nitrate film.
- To encourage a deeper knowledge of the often-misunderstood
qualities of nitrate film, specifically the danger, instability
and "the look.”
- To survey the current holdings, conditions and practices of institutions storing and/or working with nitrate film.
- To collect all written and anecdotal information about the history, manufacture, identification, handling, storage and presentation of nitrate film.
- To compile, verify and create new standards & practices
for conservation and preservation of nitrate film.
- To function as a support group for those interested in and working with nitrate film by becoming a major resource of all of the above knowledge.
© 2006 The Association of Moving Image Archivists